Skip to main content

College Recommendations for Undocumented and DACA Students

You can go to a 4-year or a 2-year college as an undocumented or DACA student

Tips for Researching Colleges

- California has the highest percentage of colleges serving undocumented and DACA students (so you are in the right place). I recommend starting your college search in California

- Look for sanctuary campuses or HSIs (Hispanic serving institutions)

- Immigrants Rising is a GREAT resource that I encourage you to use--especially for scholarships

- Make an appointment with Ms. Lowe for some help

Financial Aid

- Starting October 1st, you can fill out the DREAM Act. It's the state equivalent of the FAFSA (which you cannot fill out)

- AB540- If you qualify for AB540, you can qualify for in state tuition

- If your parents are undocumented, but you are a US citizen then you will fill out FAFSA

- If you are an academically competitive student, you should consider applying to a private college or university. Quite have small cohorts of undocumented students, and upon admission offer amazing financial aid

Colleges to Checkout

- The entire UC system

- Pitzer College

- Smith College

- All CSUs

- Wesleyan

- Tufts

- Stanford

- Reed College

- Whitman College