Charisse has worked in the district as a Social Worker and School Counselor since 2016 in various elementary schools, a middle school and high schools. She enjoys anything related to horses when she is not spending time with her husband and two kids (4th and 6th graders).
The Wellness Center at College Park is operated by Wellness Director (Social Work Specialist) Charisse Segee. The Wellness Center offers a calming space for students and provides the following supports/services:
short-term counseling (depending of staffing)
linkage to community services and/or programs
internships for college students pursuing a Masters in Social Work to help provide services to students who need tier 2-3 support
referrals for long-term counseling or trauma-related issues
The center is open during brunch and lunch for students to have a welcoming environment.
Hotline & Support Numbers
- Support Lines
- Community Based Organizations for Mental/Behavioral Health
- C.O.P.E. (Counseling Options and Parent Education) Parenting Classes
- Contra Costa County - Help in Hard Times
- MDUSD Family Resources
- 24 Hour Suicide Prevention Hotline: (800) 272-8255
- If you are in crisis or are experiencing difficult or suicidal thoughts, please call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273 TALK (8255) or 1-800-273-8255 (National Suicide Prevention Lifeline).
- If you’re uncomfortable talking on the phone, you can also text NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Health) to 741-741 to be connected to a free, trained crisis counselor on the Crisis Text Line.
- California Youth Crisis Line: (800) 843-5200
- Operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as the statewide emergency response system for youth (ages 12-24) and families in crisis.
- Contra Costa Crisis Center
- Crisis/Suicide Hotline: (800) 833-2900
- Crisis Text: text "HOPE" to 20121
- 211 Text: Text your zip code to 898211
- Grief Counseling: (800) 837-1818
- Homeless: (800) 808-4444
- For Spanish, please call: 1-888-628-9454
- Organization committed to helping teens in unhealthy and/or abusive relationships.
- SAVE Hotline: (510) 794-6055
- National Teen Dating Abuse Hotline: (866) 331-9474
- STAND! For Families Free of Violence
- Domestic violence help and resources- (888) 215-5555
- The Parent Project: (800) 372-8886
- Parenting courses for parents/guardians of at-risk teens
- Local Family Support Groups: (925) 942-0767
- Family support groups throughout Contra Costa County, sponsored by the National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI).
Please click the link above to visit College Park's virtual wellness center! The virtual wellness center is a place for students and families to find tools and strategies for managing stress, emotions, & feelings.